Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hook 'Em

Greetings from Steamboat, Colorado, where the snow stopped dumping last night, and today brought fabulous sunshine. My legs feel like jello.

I must say as fun as this ski trip is, the highlight really was last night's Rose Bowl. I came to love UT football while a resident of Austin, and I came to hate USC while being born. These two factors combined made me the ideal fan for last night. My two favorite moments (besides any time Vince Young had the ball, oh and when Reggie Bush pitched or fumbled or whatever that was even though he already had the first down, I mean STOP SHOWBOATING this is the national championship!) were:

1. When they showed Pete Carroll on the sideline looking excited thinking they were stopping Vince Young for that last touchdown when it was like 4th and 5. He hopped three times, face lit up like a kid about to meet Santa, and then boom, disappointment.

b. After the game, Matt Leinhart was interviewed on field and said, "I mean, this was a really great win, oh I guess I mean tough loss (rough transcription, I don't have the actual quote in front of me)." Was he just so unprepared for having to give an interview after a loss? Or was he in denial over what had just happened?

I love my longhorns!

2 Comments:

Blogger Suds said...

I even called the last two plays that Vince Young ran...the 4th down and the 2-point conversion....ask Krista (then again, anyone could have called those plays :)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched the fourth quarter, and it was the only football I watched this year. I'd forgotten how exciting football can be when it's done right.

It was hard for me to choose a side, though, as my Pac-10 love was fighting with my USC hate.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home