Monday, October 03, 2005

Dancing with a Bear

One of three photos in which I appear in this week's Wharton Journal. How am I 'that girl'?

Today in statistics, in reference to a particularly hairy multiple regression, Big Ed said, "See, you might be tempted to give up here. But if you've decided to dance with the bear, you can't sit down just because you're tired."

I think that sums up how I'm feeling about things today. I've officially declared this the week where things don't go my way. I spent way too much time this weekend auditioning for our musical and didn't get cast. This made sense, given I can't actually dance or sing, but the time wasted is regretted (and I ditched the eighties party to 'rest my voice', not that it improves, and missed a night out with my beloved stat professor) given the workload this week. This morning was an accounting exam (incomprehensible), a stat quiz (my lowest score yet), and a marketing case (my first time making a completely baseless and easily dismissed comment in the class on which my major is based).

To make things even more amusing, I picked up this week's Wharton Journal, our school paper. There's a two page spread every week of photos of people out and about. I'm in three of them. Two are side by side. The one above is the only one in which I am wearing a normal smile.

Basically, I feel like I need to sit down. But since I'm the one who chose to dance with the bear, it's not really going to happen.

Tonight I get to go to the second 26th birthday party I've been to since I arrived. Man, I'm old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Glotzbach said...

Is this paper online so we can read the full article... I'm a "read the articles" kind of guy, not just looking at the pretty pictures.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home