Thursday, September 15, 2005

From Other Blogs

There's some good content I'd like to share with my fellow readers, all of it blog-related.

First of all, Sasha rightly pointed out that while I am hesitant to write about my own foam party experience, he's already written a highly entertaining account of one he attended in Mexico on his own lovely (and now sadly defunct) blog. FYI on the foam party, it just seems like a really bad idea until you get there, and then suddenly it seems like a really good idea, and then you almost drown and imagine your parents getting the phone call that their only daughter met her demise dancing in a room filled with five feet of soap suds.

Second, I cannot recommend the TV show Veronica Mars highly enough. And it turns out I'm not the only fan. Kevin Smith, creator of some good movies most notably Clerks, raves about it in his blog. Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, raves about it in his blog. The premise may sound silly since we're all adults here (teen girl, daughter of the former sheriff/now private detective, solves crimes at her school while trying to crack the case of who killed her best friend), but it is seriously the smartest funniest show I've seen on network TV since season 3 of Buffy. I just rewatched the Season 1 finale and am still shocked at how good it is. Try renting the DVD's of Season 1 when it comes out in October, or catch the season premiere on September 28th.


Finally, Deb and Elliott are doing their own Juliedelphia up in New York. These are two Stanford and SF friends who moved to New York the same month I moved here, and they are chronicling their adventures quite entertainingly. I feel like I end up writing a lot about how ridiculous b-school is and have not devoted enough time deriding the east coast. Deb and Elliott are picking up the slack.

Happy Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home