Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Do You Believe in Magic?


I had my first Wharton midterm last night. It was in MGEC aka Managerial Economics aka "Magic". I pulled the rabbit out of the hat OK but was unable to put the woman I sawed in half back together. Bad jokes aside, I worked really hard to study for this midterm and think I did all right.

After, it was back to tricks as usual. I organized a 'celebrate we're done' happy hour in my first official act as social chair. Sidebar on social chair-- I pretty much ran for it because my friend wanted to be co-chair with me and I figured it'd be kind of fun. We went to our training meeting with all of the other cohort social chairs and were informed that this is actually the most demanding and most important of all the cohort positions. It makes sense, since a big part of b-school is building your network and reinforcing people's loyalty to their school so they are good alumni blah blah (yeah I'm putting myself to sleep here). So I am definitely feeling the pressure to perform well in a job which I can't put on my resume.

Anyhow, the whole point of this posting is we played quarters (again), during which you have to bounce a quarter off the table and try to get it into someone's beer. If it lands in his or her beer, he or she must chug said beer. What was not crystal clear to one of my cohortmates was that when chugging his beer, he should not drink the quarter.

Oh, up above is a photo from the Brazil party. I joined WHALASA, which stands for something related to Latin America. It turns out it costs $25 to join and you get $5 off your ticket to each of their parties (they throw a lot of parties) and free admissions to their Argentinian style BBQ's, so it pretty much pays for itself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure what that guy in the picture is doing behind a bent-over Julie... but it looks like you are having fun!
Hugs,
Wendy

11:16 PM  
Blogger Suds said...

Is that Sachin Patodia you are partying with?

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home