Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Relaxing Ass-Kicking

I am on my first ever spa vacation.  I have taken a few beach vacations, and one of two things usually happens:
 
1. I get really bored and start planning a zillion activities because my beach sitting tolerance is about .4 of a day.
2. I read every book I brought within an hour and begin begging strangers for books and read horrid things like Eat Pray Love*
 
So I was a little worried heading to this one that one of these things would happen, especially since my cheapness led me to only sign up for two massages in five days.  But as it turns out, the 8 books I brought have mainly stayed in my bag because this has been a non-stop activity fest.  I get up.  I hike.  I eat.  I go to a zillion classes, including two spin classes/day (this morning, the first one was 75 minutes!), pilates, stretch classes, and a class called "Bars, Balls, and Bungees" which I am fairly sure is in violation of the Geneva Conventions.  I then eat more, sit by the pool, do more classes, or go to my Thai massage.  Walking out of today's Thai massage, I would swear that I am two inches taller.
 
Another funny thing happened.  I am practically manic by the end of the day.  You'd think I would be exhausted, but after dinner I get super hyper for about an hour or so (and then I collapse in a heap).  I also get to hunt for bugs, but that's due to being in a desert climate with an extremely bug-phobic roommate (side story-- last night I captured and freed a cricket, and when I dropped him on the ground outside he didn't move right away and I actually said, 'Are you ok?' TO THE CRICKET.  I blame Satchel for making me think talking to animals is normal).
 
So yeah, I love spa vacations.   Bring it on.  And anyone who loaned me books, I'll try to get to those on my next beach vacation.
 
 
*The Italy section is all right.  But the narrotor is the most self-involved twit so following her spiritual journey had me journeying to a silverware drawer to find a fork to stick in my eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home