Thursday, July 24, 2008

Noise Issues

Moving into a new home, especially one you buy, is exciting and disappointing at the same time.  The disappointment comes when you start living there and inevitably discover the downside in whatever it is you just bought.  In my case, it's come in the form of a slightly noisy upstairs neighbor.  This is to be expected in San Francisco, where only the lucky few are able to buy a single family home and the rest of us live literally on top of each other.
 
My neighbor works a lot so it's not a constant issue, but every once in a while, always on a weeknight and always at 3am, I can hear him entertaining a female visitor.  Full disclosure: I am such a light sleeper that I once woke up when my roommate dropped a cotton ball on the carpet.  So this isn't wall-shaking noise, but it is sufficient to wake me up and keep me up.
 
Well those days may be behind me now thanks to last night's disturbance.  Last night from 3-4am I was kept awake by World War III.  I have to say to Ms. X, woman to woman, that if you scream at the top of your lungs, "I hate you, I never want to see you again," and then stomp the length of the apartment and down the stairs in your hard-soled, high-heeled shoes, the downstairs neighbor would appreciate it if you stuck to your guns and kept walking; I also theorize that he would respect you more if you didn't come back and repeat the exercise three more times.
 
Please let this be over, and please let him find a new girlfriend who (1) recognizes the stupidity of hooking up at 3am on a Wednesday and (2) speaks at a decibel level slightly below an average Bon Jovi concert.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie Johnson Miller said...

I can whoop some ass for you when I'm there next week. And I'll tell them I live NEXT DOOR.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome. (well, not for you, but hilarious from my perspective!)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home