Monday, June 16, 2008

Pens, Quarters, and the Jew

The first two are the items which I can never find in my apartment when I need them, and which are everywhere when it's time to move out. I could barely finish a load of laundry two weeks ago (I ended up skipping the dryer step), and when I moved out I found approximately $10 in quarters. Clearly they were hiding from me. And does anyone need a pen? I have about 1000 of them.

I moved. It was less painful than it could have been thanks to help from Marji and Roger. And though the place is far from settled, it does already feel like home and I love it. Come visit!

Also, at Ross' graduation from GSB on Saturday, my ceremony-induced nap was interrupted by an odd turn of phrase from the dean. The scene as it unfurled:

Julie wakes up, looks around surprised. Marji does the same, turns to Julie

Marji: Did he just say, "The Jew"?
Julie: Um, yes, he did.
Marji: What did he say about "The Jew"?
Julie: That it's his responsibility to go out and lead organizations and communities. Why is it our job?
Julie and Marji begin laughing inappropriately
Roger: You guys are hearing stuff. I bet he said "Did you..." like in Woody Allen.

Later follow up with Ross was fruitless, as he also zoned out. He did send us the video transcript today, and on first watching I felt vindicated that he did say "The Jew." On second viewing, I have to assume he meant to say "That you" as in "So that you go out and" blah blah blah all the things MBA's are supposed to go do. I prefer the first version.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie Johnson Miller said...

I can't wait to see the place! I'd like to reserve one room at Chez Delphia from July 25 - August 1. I promise to fill it with butter tortillas, Sass, and fun.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home