Friday, August 12, 2005

Locked Out

Two rants, both locker related, for you Friday afternoon readers.

1. I got my locker today. The small locker is actually smaller than it appeared from the outside. I was hoping for some hidden depth, but no. I successfully put one notebook in it (standard size), but it is too tall to stand in there, and too long to lie flat on the bottom, so it's wedged in at an angle. I approximate that I could keep two notebooks in there OR a pair of shoes OR a pack of gum. That's about it.

2. I'm a little annoyed about the gym at school, for which we have to pay. For some reason the lockers in the locker room are GIANT, like seven feet tall. Are people keeping skis in these? As a result, there are very few available (hey, here's an idea, make them each 3 1/2 feet tall, and you'd have twice as many--I know this because I've been studying math for a week now), and apparently we've already missed the window where they become available again for the year. There are other lockers available, but they are much smaller and not in the locker room, and it's not guaranteed I'll get one.

I believe I'm going to learn how to balance large quantities of stuff on my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home