Sunday, October 07, 2007

Still Jim Harbaugh 1- Pete Carroll 0

Here are my favorite Pete "Good Sportsmanship" Carroll quotations from last night:

"It happened in classic fashion for Stanford. Jim had them ready to play, and they just waited, and waited, and we made enough mistakes and they capitalized. They just waited us out."

Waited them out? Or took down the 41 point favorites on their home turf where they had been undefeated since we beat them in 2001?

And this one kind of sounds schmucky to me, but it's so unintelligible I can't really tell if it's bad or not:

"I've been around the block, and I've had my wins and losses," Carroll said, talking faster and faster as though if the words came out fast enough he could stop thinking about them. "But I just don't accept it (losing). I don't know where to put it. I have no place for it. I'll find a way to put it off for awhile, but I'll have it forever."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruthie Johnson Miller said...

I am at DisneyWorld with the fam (they could definitely stand a few copies of our etiquette book here), and when i heard late last night that Stanford beat SC, my first thought was overwhelming joy. My second thought was, "Julie's totally going to blog about this."

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home