Monday, May 01, 2006

Goodbye, Nick Kelley





Last night, I had to say goodbye to my first second year. No doubt there are many I won't be seeing again before I leave for South America, but this was my first official 'come to dinner with me because I'm leaving tomorrow and you'll be gone by the time I get back' event. This is of course bittersweet. Completing the year means that I survived it (though I have my three hardest finals yet-- don't you love that you can count on procrastination blogging, dear readers?), and I'm excited for my trip and my summer in New York. However, there are quite a few people I'll miss in the second year class.

More importantly (because it is all about me), I won't be the shiny happy first year any more. I have to be blase and disaffected and ditch most of the really obnoxious parties (54 is an exception) to go to bar nights with fellow second years. Having attended more of these as the year went on, I can attest that the main point of them seems to be griping about how lame the first year class is and wondering who will finally break down and make out with their inappropriate crush given they only have three months left as classmates.

Anyhow, goodbye, Nick! I already miss you. And congratulations, West Coast. He's headed to San Francisco, which is yet another incentive to come back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Nick. I think everyone I knew in undergrad had a crush on him. Good to know that he will be luring you Bay Area-ward.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home