Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm Alive

I wonder if I have any readers left. Follies opening night was last night. The night before, I pulled my first Wharton all-nighter. Alas, I did no schoolwork during said all-nighter. Instead, it was pulling together slides for the show, fixing a few jokes, and trying to figure out how to pull off all the technical stuff we have to do during the show. It was tons of work. And then I had to get up and actually do the technical stuff. It was totally worth it. At least I keep telling myself that.

There were two shows last night. The 5pm one was all admits, and they were pretty mellow. Some of my favorite jokes did not get laughs. I was despondent. So I and my fellow first year writers went to the bar across the street and decided to drown our sorrows. We were unexpectedly joined by the dean of the school, who I met this week because he is in the show and my cameo overlaps with his (finally, a payoff for selling my life to this thing). As we were talking to him I got an email on my new Blackberry with a job offer. One I'm really excited about, actually. So I'm not unemployed. And it looks like I'll be in New York this summer.

Then we went to the 9pm show. The house was packed (totally sold out). The audience was all students. And they laughed at everything. They were tremendous. I was on cloud nine.

Then we did karaoke.

That's the latest from Juliedelphia. I plan on figuring out what's going on in my classes (finals are in two weeks!) and starting to call the people I love starting next week. For now, it's back to naptime!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Glotzbach said...

any photos or video from the show? Can I buy it online at google video?

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to be in NY this summer?!? Dude, you need to call me.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home