Monday, January 23, 2006

Where would you rather?

A potential employer asked me today if I'd rather be in Houston or Atlanta. Talk about tough choices.

I am officially a slave to b-school, and have a meeting with the program office tomorrow where they will try to talk me into dropping one of my classes. I have eight interviews during DIP-week, here are some of the locations on the table:

Plano, TX
Atlanta, GA OR Houston, TX (one job, two humid possibilities)
Hershey, PA
New Jersey (and no, I would not be able to live in NYC for this one)
New York City (two companies here)
Bay Area
Los Angeles

For Plano or Houston, my prediction is the Southwest gate agent manning the Friday afternoon/Monday morning flights to/from Austin would know me by name by July.

I just want a job.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Bay Area
2. NYC (so I could visit and have fun)
3. Bay Area
4. LA (so I could visit easily and have fun)
5. Bay Area
6. Atlanta
7. Houston
8. Hershey
9. Plano (Raj notwithstanding)
10. Non-NYC New Jersey

Anywhere in the top five would please me, although I'd be happiest with 1, 3, or 5.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC, baby!!! Come join the fun

10:31 PM  
Blogger Matthew Glotzbach said...

I would vote for NYC first, so that you can get that 'bug' out of your system and come back to the bay area. However, I know you are a Nascar fan, so Atlanta might be the right thing for you!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I hate the thought that you may not be in the Bay Area this summer, I'm going to take the "go ahead and sow your wild oats" approach in the hopes that once you date that hussy of a city (NY), you'll come home to your one true love (SF).

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, if you go to Plano, you are going to need bigger hair (stock up on some CostCo hairspray) and cowboy boots. Great rodeo there!
Um, I've spent a summer in Houston. Once. Never went back. But it's damn close to Austin!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home