Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Feeling Dippy

Quarter three is like a collision course. I am taking two finance classes, Follies is five weeks away, and the job search is in full crunch mode. DIP (dedicated interview period) week is January 27th-February 3rd, a week with no classes so we can focus on interviewing. For many people, this time will not be when they find their jobs, either because their industries do not recruit through the formal on-campus process or because they will end up working at a firm that comes later on in the year. I am starting to get interview pre-selects, which is a good thing because it means I've cleared the first hurdle towards getting a job. However, this also means DIP will not be a fun play week for me, and there's still no guarantee I won't be joining the masses in the post-DIP scramble should my dream offer not materialize.

As an update on where I'm interviewing, I officially have two Geographically Desirable interviews (company in NYC and a company in the Bay Area-- I can hear the screams of joy all the way from SF now!), and two Geographically Undesirable. I'm hoping the odds improve as more companies release their lists.

Cross your fingers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, i see only one geographically desirable interview-- the one in SF. get back here, already, would you? i miss my dining/drinking/sports/all around fun partner in crime!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Suds said...

Marisa is right!!!

Get your ass back here.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home