Monday, August 15, 2005

The Boomtown Rats Have it Right

I'm not having the best Monday. The math test had its little way with me, my only prayer of passing is major partial credit and a ridiculous curve. Pray for me. My movers also decided not to come today (somehow there's a delivery in Pittsburgh before me now, one I never heard about until today). For those not familiar with Pennsylvania geography, Pittsburgh is about six hours from here. The Pittsburgh Pirates are NL Central whereas the Phillies (I'm going on Friday!) are NL East, that's how wide this state is.

Last night we had the most ridiculous thunderstorm I've ever experienced. I remember when I first moved to Texas, I experienced thunderstorms which were unlike anything I had ever seen in California. "Biblical" was the word I used to describe them. I would pull over my car in fear as other cars raced by on MoPac. Well last night put it to shame. It was like trying to sleep in a dance club, with a strobe light going off (lightning every ten seconds) and a huge bass drum thumping continuously (thunder, for the less meterologically-inclined). Since we made the national news, I guess it was a big deal. The joy of sleeping on a rubber mattress is that you know you're safe in a thunderstorm since you're grounded.

Finally, for those of you wondering how I respond to the Terrell Owens controversy, I present this craigslist listing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of you who want the musical accompaniment to this post, and didn't have VIP tickets to Live 8 in London, you can see Sir Bob's reprise of the classic here.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try "not grounded," Rubber is an insulator, and that's good if you're lightninged.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home