Saturday, July 08, 2006

Potential Roommate?

The weather here has been warm but cooler at night and occasionally breezy. Since I'm both a miser and believe Al Gore that the world is going to end soon, I try to run my air conditioner as little as possible. This means I leave my window open quite a bit, cracked about 12-18 inches to let in the aromas of New York and the honking of the cabs. I may also be inviting in another guest. There is a pigeon who is enamored with my windowsill, and I fear that he is getting bolder. I hear him out there cooing and flapping and I loom menacingly over the window and he flies off. However he returns more and more frequently now. I can't even imagine what I'll do if he crosses the threshold and comes in. I picture a disaster.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the world is going to end soon, why not run the AC all the time?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home