Sunday, October 16, 2005

Beef

I just hosted my first official Philadelphia dinner party. I have to say, I finally feel like this is home now that I've done that. Most of you already know that cooking is the ultimate stress reliever for me, so spending the day prepping for this (instead of doing my accounting homework) was a great feeling. And more importantly, this is a whole new group of victims so I can trot out my standards (goat cheese candied nut salad, the beef tenderloin, horseradish mashed potatoes, and molten chocolate cakes for instance) and they're impressed immediately. There's no need to innovate. They've been eating late night cheesesteaks and microwaved hot pockets for months, and they have no clue that everything I cooked tonight I could do in my sleep.

It was very nice is what I'm saying. It's not so nice that I've had a few glasses of wine and need to start my accounting homework.

Fun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Please move to New York next.

Yes, I found your blog! No longer will I think to myself, "I wonder what in the world Julie is up to this week?"

2:37 PM  
Blogger Suds said...

We miss your food here in SF as well....the lamb, the ribs...mmm, tasty!!

Come back here for the summer.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home