Saturday, June 09, 2007

Maiden No More

So this is a bad story and it's one from when I was back in SF, but I'm still disturbed. I was walking around downtown between a doctors appointment and a meeting with my realtor, and I decided to cut down Maiden Lane on my way. For those of you not familiar with San Francisco, Maiden Lane is a beautiful little street just off of Union Square closed to vehicle traffic and lined with exclusive stores and cute cafes. It was about 10 in the morning, and there were a few people sitting outside (the cafes have tables in the middle of the street) and drinking late morning coffees. There were also some construction workers as some new designer store I can't afford is going in across the street from Hermes and Escada. In front of the painted plywood facade announcing the new store, I saw a man who appeared to be trying to take something off of his tool belt. For some reason, I took a closer look as I passed and realized there was no tool belt. Instead, he was, in the words of Seinfeld, using his body like an amusement park. Right there. At 10 in the morning. Across the street from Hermes. On MAIDEN Lane. I was horrified and am still very disturbed.

At least this happened in the super-chic shopping district instead of the slightly more colorful area I'm trying to live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home