Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year

I know I haven't been posting much. At least one reader has
officially resigned, which cuts my readership by a third. But as you
see below, I don't have a ton to write about as of late.

It was a great break, with lots of catching up and lots of watching
The Wire (season 4 finale: de-pressing. By the way, I was given
season 1 of Friday Night Lights on DVD as a gift, and I still cry at
the end of episode 1. Even though I've seen it before.). I also got
a gym membership for Christmas so my slide to total slackerdom is no
longer acceptable.

Last night was the Pac-10 kickoff for men's basketball, and Stanford
couldn't get it done against UCLA. But they looked decent, and at
least UCLA is a really good team. I also got to go back to Greens,
one of my most favorite places in San Francisco, to watch the game.
Gotta love a sports bar which has no kitchen so allows you to bring
food from any of the numerous good restaurants into the bar. It also
appears Marisa has befriended the bartender in my absence, so we were
treated to table service in a bar with no waiters.

And now the rain is pounding down, so I've broken out my bright blue
galoshes with big red cherries all over them (tres professional coming
into the office), and Satchel once again looks like a construction
cone in his raincoat when we go outside.

I will post some New Year's Eve karaoke photos and the video "Satchel
Gets A Plastic Bottle Stuck To His Foot And Walks Around A Bit" soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home