Sunday, February 11, 2007

Harder Now That It's Over




I slept a total of 20 hours last week. I had back to back all nighters. And I could not be sadder that it's all over.




Follies' final performance was last night. The Thursday night 9pm show (the biggest one for the students) was probably the best three hours of my life. It's a 2 hour 15 minute show, but the crowd laughed so much, it ran a full three hours. Everyone says it was funnier than last year's show, and many faculty have told us it's the funniest Follies they've ever seen. Even last year's head writer admitted our show was funnier.




I will have some videos for you guys soon. In the meantime, I am having a hard time accepting the fact that I will never again get to devote months of my life to writing a musical comedy. I don't think I've ever been prouder of anything I've ever done than I am of the show.




Sad. I put the head writer photo that we put in the program at the top.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, Julie, I hope I get to see the video! If you think it's the best writing you've ever done, then I am sure it is brilliant! I am so glad you are going to be back in SF, so I can see you when I visit. And, per your previous post, I waited 45 minutes for the J Church which was "due" in 6 minutes on my last visit to Sasha before I gave up and took Bart. Love, Mary

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home