Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cover Me

I'm sitting up writing 8 cover letters for my first resume drops tomorrow. Once I do this, I hear basically nothing for over a month, making this officially more nerve-wracking than applying to business school.

What's great is they suggest you tailor not only your letters but your RESUME for each company. I could understand that if I were applying to radically different types of jobs (banking AND marketing, for instance), but I'm not sure how different I could make my resume for Hershey vs. Kraft (Hobbies: Chocolate vs. Hobbies: Macaroni and Cheese?). However, I did just strike on one when I discovered one recruiter has the first name Claudine. I almost never use my middle name, but you'd better believe it went back into my resume and signature for that particular job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home